Here is the thing I’m really impatient when it comes to all things food. I really hate waiting. 😭 This is particularly true after I finish a tough workout. What am I even typing right now->I’M LIKE THIS WITH EVERYTHING. Every time I purchase items from Amazon I hope they appear in a matter of minutes.
“Where is it?!!!”
So when it comes to eating a meal or snack I’m the type of person that wants items in my kitchen that make eating easy and healthy. This week I stumbled across a product in Target that matched this criteria. I say stumbled because I just went in for 2 things. 😭
You know how it goes, you go to Target to buy 2 things and of course you ended up with 20!
“I only need 2 things!”
I came across THRIVE pre-made smoothie mix.
“[THRIVE] was founded in the Los Angeles home of entrepreneur Oliver Bogner. At 24 years old, Oliver was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer. Oliver wanted a healthy option that would give him the boost he needed to fuel his on-the-go lifestyle, even while receiving treatment. He found the solution in the home-made fruit smoothies he made in his kitchen. Oliver has been cancer free for one full year, and now he wants to empower others to live their healthiest lives.”https://readytothrive.com/pages/about
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PRODUCT:
- NO ADDED SUGAR!
- 50 cals for 1/2 the container (8 oz)
- 100 cals for the whole container (16 oz)
- 1/2 container less than 13g of carbs
- Whole container less than 26g of carbs!
The smoothie blend options: Glow, Energy, Green, Defend and Rise!
Here comes the part that might make you cringe -> The price = $5 dollars.
Let me justify this!
- Here is the thing for $5 dollars it comes with a variety of REAL fruits and REAL veggies-> so for me it is worth it. I know I could easily spend more than that at Starbucks or Jamba.
- The variety allows me to choose what smoothie I’m in the mood for.
- If I struggle to reach my protein goal, I make 1-2 of these smoothies a day that include my protein of choice. (😋)
- They keep me super full! (👋BYE CRAVINGS)
- If I blend with ice it turns out like a sorbet! (😀HEALTHY DESSERT)
This week I’ve been obsessing my latest smoothie creation! Using my Nutribullet I mixed the THRIVE Green Smoothie contents with my ISOPURE Citrus Lemonade protein powder .
PSSST-> The ISOPURE Lemonade Protein Powder has 20 grams of protein per scoop! So if I have 2 scoops a day (40 grams) that covers a third of my protein intake!
Now I know you are like that doesn’t sound tasty. Let me tell you it made me feel like I was sitting in a beach chair in the Bahamas submerging my toes in the sand. It turned out to be a great tropical smoothie!
“I need 120 grams of protein a day! Smoothies help me reach my goal!”